From the title, you already know about our today’s topic. You guys also will agree with me that this theme should have held the most controversial matter of the year. And, that is because there are tons of photo editing apps for Android in the Play Store. From all of them choosing the top 10 is like searching for a ring in the ocean. I agree that probably 80% of them are like garbage, it’s a little bit harsh but true, but as 70% smartphone user is in android the apps here is also huge. So the number of apps in 20% is not as low as it seems. So finding the top 10 was not easy at all.
Now come to the real story that you guys are here for. Nowadays phone companies are putting top-notch cameras into their phones. The pictures are also good with those cameras but still, sometimes you may not like its brightness, contrast, orientation or, you may want to add something to make the photos look catchy. That’s when photo editing apps come to your rescue. They pack a lot of features and are on par with lightweight desktop editors. Most social media apps already include editors in their interface but those are not enough. So third-party apps for image editing service is still necessary for us.
After doing a lot of digging, surveying, and discussing with some professional designers from the future brand “Clipping World” I came up with these top 10 photo editing apps for android described below.
Note: This list isn’t in an order of preference; it’s a compilation of the best photo editing apps for Android. You’re advised to choose one as per your need.
1. Photo Collage Social
Photo Collage Social is a smart and efficient tool that allows you to edit your images in a variety of ways. Furthermore, all of the options are readily available for use. Photo Collage Social is the simplest and most convenient photo editing tool you’ll ever use. There are a few more photo editing programs with specific editing skills. This one, though, is unique and more capable than the others. Photo Collage Social is an app development firm situated in the United States that creates effective applications in a variety of areas. Now, they are concentrating on a program that can include all of the improvements made to date.
This division has a total of ten capable app developers and supporting programmers. In addition, for the perfect face of the app, they have graphic designers, experienced photo editors, and planners. A quality manager with years of experience and administrative staff oversee the entire process. In addition, we use consumer feedback to update requirements and make app changes.
Features of Photo Collage Social
- Photo Effects
- Cropping & Resizing
- Photo Collage
- Color, Brightness, and Contrast
- Sticker, Emoji, Text
- Social Image Editing
- Direct Sharing
- Social Size Image Cropping
- Creativity Reloaded
- High-Quality Image Output
2. Photoshop Express
It is from the maker of the number one photoshop software company Adobe. After successful implementation with their photo editing software for pc for a decade, they are also doing great with their mobile app. In the mobile version, things are easier to use and understand. You don’t need to do any learning course for this app.
The UI is so clean, understandable, and user-friendly that anyone can use this app without any hassle. It is packed with essential features like crop, straighten, rotate and flip photos. Photoshop Express has one-touch filters, a variety of effects, colors, auto-fixes, frames, and also some advanced tools like Image Rendering Engine to handle large files like panoramic photos. Its Noise Reduction feature can minimize unwanted grain and speckling in night photos.
- One-touch Filters or Looks: Get additional filters for fun, fresh looks!
- Noise Reduction: Minimize unwanted grain and speckling in night photos and low light photos.
- Defog: Reduce fog and haze in photos.
- Perspective Correction – Fix the skewed perspective photos with just a click! Choose from auto (balanced or full auto), vertical, or horizontal correction options.- Access Premium Features when you sign in with an Adobe ID
- Access these features when you sign in with an Adobe ID
3. PicsArt Photo Studio
The reason it is in the second position is this is the best pic collage maker on mobile. Collage is one of the best ways to combine all your happy moments in one frame. PicsArt gives you the best College for your joyful moments. You just have to select the collage frame you want and then insert the images you want in the frame.
You can also adjust the pictures inside the frame, can edit the brightness, color exposure, saturation, and all other basic photo editing tools are also given there. They have lots of features to use, some are premium for which you have to spend some money but it is worth it, I believe.
FREE STICKERS, CLIPART & STICKER MAKER
PicsArt’s Cutout Tool lets you make & share custom stickers for everyone to use. The PicsArt community has already created millions of free custom stickers & clipart & they’re all up for grabs for you to use in messaging & remixing — for free. You can use the custom stickers by adding them to your pictures, using them for remixing others’ images, or even saving them to your collections & sharing them via iMessage.
DRAWING & CAMERA
PicsArt Draw includes customizable brushes, layers & professional drawing tools. Additionally, the PicsArt Camera lets you snap pictures with live effects; it is your new go-to sticker maker. Yup, you can create stickers right from your camera captures!
PHOTO REMIX AND FREE-TO-EDIT IMAGES
We invented image remixing on mobile! It means you can take any image that’s free-to-edit in PicsArt, add your personal touch by editing it & then share it back to the PicsArt community.
EDIT WITH FRIENDS – REMIX CHAT!
PicsArt’s Remix Chat is a whole new way to edit with your friends & make awesome pictures, 1:1 or as a group!
CREATIVE CONTESTS AND PHOTO CHALLENGES
PicsArt’s photography and editing challenges are an easy & fun way to learn new editing tricks. Daily challenges are a popular way to find inspiration, where users upload 1000s of cool photos, collages & edits.
This app has an in-app camera feature where you can apply live photo effects as you snap your photos. It has a stylish and user-friendly interface where you can quickly adjust the colors and tone of your images with its simple, yet powerful tools.
It has All the photo editing tools you want, like;
- Picture retouch: Adjust HSL sliders and RGB color channels in your photo to easily colorize your shots or correct tough white balance problems
- Brighten pictures: Easily adjust Tone with Brightness, Darkness, Exposure, and Contrast sliders
- Color editing: Quick White Balance correction for improved color accuracy & tweak Saturation for the most vivid image possible
- Photo fx: Apply photo effects both globally or to specific regions of your pictures
- Image editor: Import photos from folders, or shoot and edit with the in-app camera
- Collage maker: edit, adjust and then combine your favorite photos to create fantastic collages!
It also has live photo features where you can capture a few seconds of your happy moment.
- Apply live photo effects as you snap your photos
- Picture effects with a wide range of pro camera features from the in-app camera
You can crop an unwanted object from your photo using some easy-to-use tools.
- Crop out a photo bomber or unwanted objects from pics with quick Content-Aware Removal editing tools
- Brighten pictures & strip away haze, fog & mist from your shots for sharper, clearer images with the De-haze tool.
Photo effects, HDR & layer editing
- Edit background & add or adjust HDR effects to create dramatic travel pics & landscape images
- Preset photo effects, including Lomo, Artistic, HDR, and Vignette, give photos a professional artwork style finish
- Picture effects with the Blender tool to add an extra image or effect layer to your photo – the closest thing to desktop layer editing on your mobile!
- Make pictures add mood and style with one-click overlays – make light leaked photos, add grunge effects, lens flare, and more
- Photo retouch tools like linear and radial blur let you create a range of imaginative photo effects from bokeh to tilt-shift
After editing your image you can share it on social media directly through this app or make it your wallpaper.
- Picture retouch with the camera or editor then set your pics as your mobile wallpaper without leaving the app
- Share photos to Instagram with ‘InstaFill’, plus a host of creative photo filters
- Photography can be social! Share with your friends, family, and followers on Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Instagram, and more.
If you want professional edit to your image on your mobile Google is here for your rescue. Snapseed is a product of Google and it offers most of the professional editing tools. It is easy to use but as it offers professional editing you have to know the basics of photo editing.
- 29 Tools and Filters, including Healing, Brush, Structure, HDR, and Perspective (see list below)
- Opens JPG and RAW files
- Save your personal looks and apply them to new photos later
- Selective filter brush
- All styles can be tweaked with fine, precise control
TOOLS, FILTERS, AND FACE
- RAW Develop – open and tweak RAW DNG files; save non-destructively or export as JPG
- Tune image – adjust exposure and color automatically or manually with the fine-tuned, precise control
- Details – magically bring out surface structures in images
- Crop – crop to standard sizes or freely
- Rotate – rotate by 90°, or straighten a skewed horizon
- Perspective – fix skewed lines and perfect the geometry of horizons or buildings
- White Balance – Adjust the colors so that the image looks more natural
- Brush – selectively retouch exposure, saturation, brightness, or warmth
- Selective – the renowned “Control Point” technology: Position up to 8 points on the image and assign enhancements, the algorithm does the rest magically
- Healing – remove the uninvited neighbor from a group picture
- Vignette – add a soft darkness around the corners like a beautiful, wide-aperture would do
- Text – add both stylized and plain text
- Curves – have precise control over the brightness levels in your photos
- Expand – increase the size of your canvas and fill up the new space in smart ways with the content of your image
- Lens Blur – add a beautiful Bokeh to images (background softening), ideal for photographic portraits
- Glamour Glow – add a fine glow to images, great for fashion or portraits
- Tonal Contrast – boost details selectively in the shadows, mid-tones, and highlights
- HDR Scape – bring a stunning look to your images by creating the effect of multiple exposures
- Drama – add a hint of doomsday to your images (6 styles)
- Grunge – an edgy look with strong styles and texture overlays
- Grainy Film – get modern film looks with a realistic grain
- Vintage – the style of color film photo from the ’50s, ’60s or ’70s
- Retrolux – go retro with light leaks, scratches, film styles
- Noir – Black and White’s film looks with realistic grain and the “wash” effect
- Black & White – classic Black and White look straight out of the darkroom
- Frames – add frames with adjustable size
- Double Exposure – blend two photos, choosing from blend modes that are inspired by shooting on film and by the digital image processing
- Face Enhance – add focus to the eyes, add face-specific lighting, or smoothen skin
- Face Pose – correct the pose of portraits based on three-dimensional models
“MEITU” is the proud developer of this app. They made this such a way that anyone or any user can use this without any difficulty. As a result, this the most user-friendly photo editing app in the play store.
It’s free but some extraordinary features are available in-purchase and unfortunately, the free version comes with ads. If we ignore these facts the rest of it is a gem for us. It has some Jaw-dropping filters to work with and the editing is so much easy that you just have to select and apply, it will choose the right light, contrast for you. If you want you can manually edit your image with professional editing tools. It has an in-built camera where you can use live filters and compare which is better for you.
- Blemish and Pimple Remover
- Whiten Teeth and Brighten Eyes
- Perfect Skin in Every Photo
- Slim, Reshape, and Lengthen Your Selfie or Photo
- Artistic Retouching Features
- Add Depth and Style to Your Photos
- Real-Time Editing Technology
- Natural, Radiant Filters
You can share your wonderful pictures on social media directly from the app.
7. Toolwiz Photos – Pro Editor
It is also a top-class All-in-one pro photo editor app with over 200+ editing tools for you.
- Magic Filters: 40+ style filters, let’s rock your GPU.
- Art Filters: Landscape, People, Glamour Glow, Grainy Film, LOMO, Flatten, Art, Strong, Vintage, 50+ Fast Filters, 80+ perfect Feeling tone filters.
- The process of Image: Blending Mixer, Layers, Rotate, Crop, Perspective, Resize, Reshape, Flip, Expand, Shrink, Patch, Healing, Lens Correction, Refit, Deskew, Lasso, Magic Cutout, Magic wand, Draw, Mosaic.
- Image Tone: Levels, RGB Curve, Brightness, Temperature, Tint, Contrast, Toning, White Balance, Color Balance, Color Effect, Color Transfer, Auto-Tone, Gradient Map, Daylighting.
- Image Enhance Day, Spring, Night, Dark, Landscape, Underexposure, Portrait, Fog mode.
- Art Effect: PIP, Double Exposure, Mirror, Kaleidoscope, Fish Eye, Polar Coordinates, Target, Color Splash, Spatial, Water Reflection, Soft Smudge, Deep Render, Urban, Texturizer, Watermark
- Decorate: Sticker, Frame, Border, Square Fit, Texture, Flare, DUO, Clip-art
- HDR: Global, Partial, Keep, High Contrast, 30+ others
- Black White: Classic, High-Contrast, Max Channel, Min Channel, General, 50+ others
- 20+ Blurs Box, Linear, Gaussian, Zoom Blur, Radial, Motion, Cross, Surface,
- 10+ Paintings Style: Fire, Freeze, Color Lead Painting, Quick Sketch, Line Drawing, Oil Painting, Gouache, Abstract, Wall Painting, Crayon Drawing, Collaborate-style Painting.
- Drawing: Doodle, Mosaic, Free Draw, Text, Line, Circle, Rectangle, Smudge, Eraser.
- Selfie and Polish: Skin Polish, Face Swap, Face Rater, Whiten, Dermabrasion, Face Tune, Slim Face, Face Change, Makeup, Slim Body, Height Stretching, Bright Eye, Enlarge Eye, Whiten Teeth, Blemish, Red-Eyes Removal.
- Text: Movie subscript, MEME, Free Input, Decals, all with shadow and mask support.
- Free Online Resource: 150+ PIP frames, 400+ layouts, 2000+ Stickers, 200+ texture, 200+ Flare, 100+ Light Leak, 200+ text fonts.
Designed with an elegant and minimalist interface the app is free and easy to use. Other key features include Prisma filters, Image tone, HDR, Text, free online resources, and more.
8. YouCam Perfect
Who doesn’t want to look beautiful in their happiest moments? Everyone I suppose. YouCam does exactly that with their beautify system they make you so much beautiful that you never expected.
They have lots of beautiful filters that you can use in your image. Try editing with its effects and one-touch filters, photo crop and rotate, mosaic pixelates to blur the background, vignette, and HDR effects. The app comes with a Face Reshaper, Eye Bag Remover, and also Body Slimmer to shrink your waist and make you look thinner instantly.
It also has video selfie capabilities. It is free to download with some in-app purchases for additional features and contains ads.
YouCam Perfect Core Features
- Real-Time Skin Beautifying Effects in Beauty Camera & Video Selfies
- Edit Photos with Full Editing Toolkit
- Stylize & Share Pics with Friends!
- Achieve a Flawless & Luminous Face in Every Picture
- Cut out & Object Remover Makes It All About You!
That is a known name to all I guess if not from today it will. It has over 2 million combinations of free filters, effects, frames, stickers, etc. Pixlr has all the tools that the user might need.
Pixlr (formerly Pixlr Express) is the right photo editor for everyone: whether you have never edited a picture or are a pro, Pixlr has all the tools and effects you need.
- Create photo collages with a variety of choices for layout, background, and spacing.
- Balance out the color in one easy click with Auto Fix.
- Layer multiple photos and blend them together to get a unique look, using Double Exposure.
- Stylize your image to look like a pencil drawing, an ink sketch, a poster, and more.
- Make your selfies beautiful with simple tools to remove blemishes and red-eyes or to whiten your teeth.
- Focus on one color with Color Splash or add impact with Focal Blur.
- Choose from a pool of effect packs to give your image the look and feel you want.
- Adjust the mood of the photo with overlays – amplify the tone, cool it down, or add surreal shades.
- Mask your picture with captions or overlay it with text. Choose from a variety of fonts.
- Finish off your editing process with the right border – pick a style that suits you.
- Keep things fresh with our growing catalog of additional effects, overlays, and border packs.
- Keep track of your favorite effects and overlays with the Favorites button.
- Resize images quickly and easily after editing.
- Share your photo directly with friends through Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or email.
10. Photo Lab
With more than 900 effects to make your photo gorgeous! Fantastic face photo montages, photo frames, animated effects, and photo filters Photo Lab is in the 10th position. You can combine multiple images and use them as layers.
You see what effects or filters others are using to make their image so amazing and also use their edited effects to your own image. With a simple and intuitive interface, the editor is quite easily manageable.
App’s foremost features include:
- Neural Art Styles:
A new smart (and quick) way to turn any photo into an artwork – choose from over 50 pre-set styles.
- Photo frames:
Choose one of our beautiful frames if you need a final touch on your favorite picture.
- Realistic photo effects:
Place your image in an unlikely setting. Airbrush it on an exclusive car or leave it as a sand imprint on the beach. You are welcome to get a new wonderful experience!
- Face photomontages:
Swap faces easily and turn yourself or your friend into a pirate, an astronaut, or a horrible monster. The most complicated montages are handled automatically by a face detection algorithm to create the most unusual selfies.
- Photo filters:
You can add more style with photo labs like Black, White, Neon Glow, Oil Painting, and many others. No need to use a pro photo editor.
- Photo collages:
Create a wonderful picture of you and your friend floating together in a sentimental or futuristic setting.
Image editing service is a common term for us. We all tend to look beautiful in the photo. These apps help you to do that without any hassle. The apps I have written about in this article are top editing apps this year. You may find some other apps claiming the same but you won’t get the professional image-editing from them which you will get from these with your phone.
If you are searching more advanced and professional hand to edit your image, you can check out Clipping World’s website. They have the finest, very talented, and unique designers working 24/7. If you are an agency, you will be glad to hear that clipping world offers you huge discounts on bulk orders. Let’s try our FREE TRIAL service.
Hopefully, you like it. If you do please share your reviews and suggestions of what other topics you want me to write.