Photoshop image editing is the process of editing photos with the help of Adobe Photoshop. The software offers several methods to eliminate inconsistencies in the images. As a beginner, you must start with the basic image editing methods. What are the best Photoshop edits for you?
Methods like crop and straightening, image resizing, and adjusting brightness and contrast are the starters for a beginner. Then, color correction, removing blemishes, and whitening teeth and eyes will create a path to becoming a professional editor. Moreover, clipping path, vignette adding, text adding, and filter applying methods will build your confidence in the photo editing industry.
So, this is a complete roadmap for learning the Photoshop edits. Yet, you need to understand the methods thoroughly to edit your photos like a pro.
- Best Photoshop Edits for Your Photos
- Crop and Straighten to Improve Composition and Alignment
- Image resizing
- Adjusting Brightness and Contrast in Photoshop
- Clipping Path Using Photoshop
- Removing Blemishes In Photoshop
- Final Thoughts
Best Photoshop Edits for Your Photos
A photo editing service provider offers a range of services. But did you ever think about how they make the RAW images so beautiful? Yes, creativity is required in photo editing. Yet, the basic editing technique allows an editor to remove all the flaws from the photos.
A photo editing service provider offers a range of services. But did you ever think about how they make the RAW images so beautiful? Yes, creativity is required in photo editing. Yet, the basic editing technique allows an editor to remove all the flaws from the photos. A good understanding of the essential image editing tools helps to edit the photos according to the requirements. Here are the 5 effective methods to edit photos in Photoshop:
Photoshop grids and guides are tools to make editing your photos easier. Use them if you need to straighten lines in a photo or when creating a layout. In this article, I’ll show you how to use them both.
A good understanding of the essential image editing tools helps to edit the photos according to the requirements. Here are the 5 effective methods to edit photos in Photoshop:
Crop and Straighten to Improve Composition and Alignment
Crop and straightening is a primary yet effective tool to fix the composition of your images. Cropping an image in Photoshop is quite easy. Here is how to do it:
- Open your image in Photoshop. You can use stock images from Freepik for practice. Also, it is easy to download pictures from this website.
- After opening the image, select the “Crop Tool”. You will get a square or rectangle icon on the Photoshop toolbar. This is the Crop tool.
- Now select the area you want to keep. Click on the starting part of that area and drag the mouse to select that area. You can also drag the corners of the box to adjust the selection.
- Finally, click the “Enter” key to apply the crop tool.
Here is how to straighten a tilted image in Photoshop
- Now select “Ruler Tool.”
- Click on the point that should be vertical or horizontal. It will set the angle of rotation of the image.
- Click and drag a line to the portion e that should be straight.
- Release the mouse button and press “Enter”.
Image resizing is one of the frequently used photo editing services. It is the process of adjusting the height and width of an image. But, the image quality will remain unaltered in the process.
Here is how to resize images in Photoshop
- Open your image in Photoshop.
- Choose the “Move Tool” from the toolbar and select the image using this tool.
- Now navigate “Image” > “Image Size” in the top menu.
- Adjust height, width, and resolution from the box. You will find a chain icon connecting them with a height box here. When the chain icon is active, the highlight will change automatically with the width. Similarly, changing the height will automatically adjust the width. If it is not happening, you can change the size freely.
- Select the correct unit of measurement. Then, hit “OK” to apply the changes.
Adjusting Brightness and Contrast in Photoshop
Now, it is time to adjust the brightness and contrast using Photoshop software. Brightness and contrast have a significant impact on an image. You need to lower the brightness when the picture looks brighter. It helps in creating an authentic look in the image.
Let’s see how to adjust brightness and contrast
- Start with duplicating the original image. So, your photo will remain unaffected while adjusting brightness and contrast. Press “Ctrl”+” J” or right-click on the layer in the Layers panel and select “Duplicate Layer”.
- Navigate “Image” > “Adjustments” > “Brightness/Contrast.” It will bring a new dialogue box.
- Move the brightness and Contrast slider right or left to alter brightness and contrast.
Clipping Path Using Photoshop
Clipping Path is one of the most used Photoshop edits. You can use the clipping path image editing method for different purposes. You can remove the background, perform color correction, or advance image manipulation by creating a clipping path.
So, the clipping path is the fundamental image editing for selective adjustments. The clipped area becomes isolated. You can perform any adjustments on that portion without affecting the whole image.
However, creating a clipping path is a challenging task. That’s why people rush to a clipping path service provider. Yet, here is the easiest way to create a clipping path on your photos:
- After opening the image, select the “Pen tool” from the Photoshop toolbar.
- Zoom in the part of the image which you want to clip. Hold Ctrl and press “+” to zoom in, and Hold Ctrl and press “-” to zoom out. Zoom in the image to a convenient range to easily select the subject’s edges.
- Now, start creating a clipping path using the pen tool. Click and hold the mouse to create a curved path. The points you are making using the pen tool are called anchor points. If thing any point is not in the proper position, adjust it later.
- Reach the first anchor point by covering the whole subject. Thus, you can complete the path.
- Now, use the Direct Photoshop Selection Tool to adjust the anchor points.
- Go to the “Paths panel”. You will get it in the layer panel. Click on the Make Selection button to convert your path into a selection.
You can copy the selected portion and apply it anywhere. Also, you can take the clipped area to a new background. However, it may require a lot of practice to master in drawing clipping paths.
Check Out Relevant Article: How We Do Clipping Path
Check out our PPT Version
Removing Blemishes In Photoshop
Blemishes Removal is a handy photo editing service for portrait photos. Here’s a step-by-step guide to removing blemishes from your images:
- Unlock the background layer and duplicate it.
- Zoom in the image and select the spot healing brush tool.
- Adjust the brush size from the options bar at the top.
- Click on the blemishes that you need to remove. Photoshop AI will automatically sample nearby pixels to replace the flaw.
You can also use the clone stamp tool to remove blemishes. This tool allows you to sample and paint over imperfections manually. It requires more precision but can be very effective for specific blemishes.
Photoshop edits allow you to make your image look eye-catching. It is the second chance for the photographer to remove inconsistencies from their photos. So, how do you start photo editing?
I have provided a complete guide to start your Photoshop image editing. Prace these edits to get a flawless photo.
Enhancing your photography is essential for captivating visuals, and Photoshop editing ideas can transform your images into eye-catching masterpieces.
As a post-production manager or photographer, you can streamline your workflow with tools like BatchPhoto and ClippingWorld to efficiently handle bulk editing tasks and achieve consistent results.
Image resizing becomes effortless, catering to the specific requirements of your e-commerce store. Our comprehensive guide simplifies the process, ensuring that your photos shine with perfection, attracting more customers and boosting your business’s visual appeal.
How do you edit photos in Photoshop?
Photos allow the application of several image editing methods. You fix the color of the image using color correction techniques. You can remove the background using clipping paths and image masking. Moreover, you can add text to remove blemishes from the photo using text and brush tools.
How do I edit part of an image in Photoshop?
Image selection tools allow you to edit a part of an image. Photoshop has several image selection tools such as Lass, polygon, pen, free selection, and image masking.