“Apple” a vastly recognized name in the world has a very strong position in Information Technology. I am sure you already have guessed which apple I am talking about because in this tech era who else wouldn’t. Today I won’t talk about the whole apple company because it would take ages to finish. I’m here to talk about photo editing apps for iOS. We all know that the integrated app in iOS Photo Editing App is already perfect and 75 percent of the people are more than happy with it. So this article is meant for the rest of the 25 percent of people who want more of their device in photography, and who have a creative mind and want to explore photography.
Pictures and videos are the best visual memory of our past days and we all want them to be incredible. The iOS Photo Editing App has all the necessary settings you need in your daily life, but to explore your creative mind, you need something more. This is where third-party apps come into play.
We have many paid and free photo editing apps on the App Store, but today I bring you the top 10 photo editing apps by 2018 with the help of a survey that is done by the finest post photo processing fellows from Clipping World. Here I have categorized them according to their ability, some of which are paid and others are free.
So let’s get started the tour in the top 10 photo editing apps in 2018 for iOS.
Free photo apps are often below average for photo editing apps for the phone. But Snapseed is a high-quality photo app with professional editing tools. Not only it is incredibly easy to use, but it also offers a surprisingly powerful range of tools for Image processing and gives your images a professional finish.
This powerful photo editor takes care of almost all your image editing needs. It’s great for everyday photo editing, including exposure, color, cropping, and sharpening. But it also has tools for advanced photo editing. These include curves, brushes, and selective editing. And the healing tool lets you remove unwanted objects from your photos.
If you only download one photo app, turn it into Snapseed. It is jam-packed with a huge range of Powerful photo editing tools.
- 29 Tools and Filters, including Healing, Brush, Structure, HDR, Perspective (see list below)
- Opens JPG and RAW files
- Save your personal looks and apply them to new photos later
- Selective filter brush
- All styles can be tweaked with fine, precise control
- “Insights” feature with tips and tricks about Snapseed and general photography
TOOLS, FILTERS, AND FACE
- RAW Develop – open and tweak native camera files; save non-destructively or export as JPG
- Tune image – adjust exposure and color automatically or manually with fine, precise control
- Details – magically bring out surface structures in images
- Crop – crop to standard sizes or freely
- Rotate – rotate by 90°, or straighten a skewed horizon
- Perspective – fix skewed lines and perfect the geometry of horizons or buildings
- White Balance – Adjust the colors so that the image looks more natural
- Brush – selectively retouch exposure, saturation, brightness, or warmth
- Selective – the renowned “Control Point” technology: Position up to 8 points on the image and assign enhancements, the algorithm does the rest magically
- Healing – remove the uninvited neighbor from a group picture
- Vignette – add a soft darkness around the corners like a beautiful, wide-aperture would do
- Text – add both stylized and plain text (38 predefined styles)
- Curves – have precise control over the brightness levels in your photos
- Expand – increase the size of your canvas and fill up the new space in smart ways with the content of your image
- Lens Blur – add a beautiful Bokeh to images (background softening), ideal for photographic portraits
- Glamour Glow – add a fine glow to images, great for fashion or portraits
- Tonal Contrast – boost details selectively in the shadows, mid-tones, and highlights
- HDR Scape – bring a stunning look to your images by creating the effect of multiple exposures
- Drama – add a hint of doomsday to your images
- Grunge – an edgy look with strong styles and texture overlays
- Grainy Film – get modern film looks with a realistic grain
- Vintage – the style of color film photo from the 50s, 60s or 70s
- Retrolux – go retro with light leaks, scratches, film styles
- Noir – Black and White’s film looks with realistic grain and the “wash” effect
- Black & White – classic Black and White look straight out of the darkroom
- Frames – add frames with adjustable size
- Double Exposure – blend two photos, choosing from blend modes that are inspired by shooting on film and by the digital image processing
- Face Enhance – add focus to the eyes, add face-specific lighting, or smoothen skin
- Face Pose – correct the pose of portraits based on three-dimensional models
“…there’s no easier way to remove unwanted items from your images…”—The Guardian. “It’s in my Top 5 “must-have” photo apps.”—Michał Koralewski, Photographer of the Year 2015, IPPAwards. “TouchRetouch is a terrific ‘remover’.”—Life In LoFi
To remove unwanted objects from your photo TouchRetouch would be the best solution for you. The app works by analyzing the pixels around your selection. It then replaces the selected object with pixels from the surrounding area. On this Christmas Eve, we all want to create the best memory by capturing every bit of it and photography is the only way to capture it. Sometimes we click a photo with everything perfect in it but at the very last moment, something or some object comes and ruins our images.
What magic can you do with TouchRetouch?
- Remove telephone wires and posts, power lines
- Remove surface breaks and scratches—both straight and curved
- Remove photobombers
- Remove pimples and skin blemishes
- Remove human-made objects like stop lights, street signs, trash cans
- Remove whatever you feel is spoiling your photos
- Make unwanted objects vanish right before your eyes by just marking them.
- With Blemish Remover, you can touch any minor blemish once to remove it forever.
SINGLE-FLICK LINE REMOVAL—INNOVATIVE FEATURE
- Mark only a section of a line to remove it whole; no need to be precise—the app will find the line.
- If you need to erase only a part of a line, use Segment Remover.
- Set Line Thickness to Thin, Medium, or Thick for better performance.
- Eliminate distractions from photos with the Object Removal tool—select either Brush or Lasso, mark the content to be removed and then tap the Go button.
- Remove defects or duplicate objects by using the Clone Stamp tool.
- Adjust Stamp Size, Hardness, and Opacity as desired.
- Use Eraser to wipe out what has just been cloned.
- Set Eraser Size, Hardness, and Opacity as needed.
- This app is ideal for removing imperfections from portrait photos. You can make pimples and skin blemishes disappear with a single fingertip.
Take your photography to the next level with quality presets and editing tools, and explore original content made by community members around the world. It is known for its beautiful, unique, and extraordinary collection of filters that we can use during our image editing process. VSCO (Pronounced as “Visco”) is the best photo filtering app in 2018. The VSCO app can be downloaded free of charge. It contains a sample package with filters and others are available as in-app purchases.
The app also has a number of photo editing tools to fine-tune your image. These include settings for color, exposure, and sharpness. You can also cut, straighten and add vignettes.
Some of the key features are
- Beautiful one-tap filter presets that mimic the look of classic film
- Adjustable filter strength
- Extra presets available as in-app purchases
- Editing tools for cropping, straightening, exposure, color, and sharpness
- Built-in camera with manual controls
- Integrated photo-sharing platform
- Price: Free with in-app purchases
Adobe is the best professional photo editing software for pc. Adobe Lightroom CC for mobile is made with some new photo editing features and also packing most of the professional tool from the pc version of it. The app also includes a camera that can capture images in high-quality RAW format.
- With the Lightroom CC professional capture mode, you will never miss a shot, and get the most out of your phone’s camera
- Capture with the DNG raw format for more creative control
- Use the High Dynamic Range (HDR) mode to automatically expand the range of exposure, letting you capture the brightest to the darkest tones, and recreate the scene exactly as you saw it
- Apply Photoshop magic with five specially formulated presets that allow you to see the effect while you’re taking the shot and fine-tune the effect later
Non-destructive editing lets you always revert to your original*
- Edit photos in seconds with tools that range from simple one-tap presets to powerful advanced adjustments and corrections
- Make advanced editings with the tone curve to change color, exposure, tone, and contrast
- Easily edit large albums and get consistent looks by copying your favorite edits across photos
- Selectively adjust any part of a photo with your finger or stylus to apply enhancements with precision (**premium feature)
- Organize and manage your photos with tools like star ratings and flags
- Search with ease. Adobe Sensei uses the power of artificial intelligence to auto-tag your photos based on what’s in them and where they were taken (**premium feature)
- Use the Adobe Creative Cloud to back up your original photos and access them on other devices, as well as through Lightroom CC on the web (**premium feature)
- Turn on Auto Add to automatically import your photos and synchronize them with Adobe Creative Cloud (**premium feature)
- Share photos to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, and more with the hashtag #lightroom
- Lightroom CC web galleries enable you to easily showcase your photos online. Edits sync seamlessly, so any changes you make are always up-to-date (**premium feature)
* shoot-through presets work on iPhone 5s and later as well as iPad mini 2 and later, iPad Air and later, and iPad Pro and later. To use the DNG format you need to have iOS 11 and a device that has a 12MP camera.
**Premium features available through In-App Purchase.
Everyone wants to click photos like a pro but the pro photographers use DSLR which most of us don’t have. So how are we going to find such DSLR-type pictures? Afterlight 2 can be a solution for this for non DSLR people like us. It offers an extensive variety of photo editing tools, as well as artistic options. Despite its comprehensive set of tools, it’s very easy to use.
For fundamental image editing work, this application has the typical shading, introduction, sharpness, and harvest devices. In any case, it additionally offers propelled editing highlights like bends and particular shading.
The double-exposure tool lets you create unique combinations of photos and you can add graphics to your images with the text and artwork tools.
New tools like Curves, Selective Hue/Saturation, Clarify, Tone, and more help you get the very best out of your photos!
DUST & LIGHT LEAK OVERLAYS
Now freshly updated with a brand new tool, Overlays! Try out this new group of textures including prism effects, real film light leaks, and dusty film overlays. Rotate and expand them freely to give your photos that extra bit of style!
Get creative after editing with new Frame Options, ranging from simple borders of any color to classic instant film!
ARTWORK & TEXT
Get creative and inspired using a fun list of hand-picked fonts + designs created by us! Customizable with useful tools like drop shadows, unlimited color options, masking, and non-destructive layering. New fonts and designs to be added frequently, always free.
A regularly updated list of high-quality filter packs created by photographers we love! Always free.
All filters are created using an advanced process that ensures a unique touch across a wide variety of photos. Customize existing filters to fit your needs or create your own as Fusions!
Enlight is one of the best options for editing photos on iOS — it’s not quite as advanced as pro-focused apps like Affinity for iPad, but it’s powerful and versatile enough for everyday image processing work. Developer Lightricks unveiled version 2 of the app, now known as Enlight Photofox, and it’s free.
Enlight cost $3.99 before, so Lightricks hopes to make money through a new subscription option — an increasingly popular approach on iOS since Apple expanded the possibilities for developers last year. This hasn’t quite overhauled the App Store from a user perspective yet, but apps like Bear, a neatly designed note-taking and writing tool, are finding success by charging for yearly access to premium features rather than with a single purchase upfront. It is all-in-one the best photo editing app with creative tools and masking features.
Selective control over exposure, color, and details
- Masking tool for seamless blending of effects
- Crop, rotate, straighten, and perspective correction
- Filters, two-tone gradients, light leaks, and vignettes
- Black & white, paint, and sketch effects
- Clone tool for removing unwanted objects
- Double-exposure, tilt-shift, and photomontages
- Drawing tools, text, borders, and frames
- Price: $3.99
- Sketch effects
Enlight is an all-in-one photo editing app that can do a little bit of everything. Whether you want to perform a simple image editing work or create an artistic masterpiece, you can do it all with Enlight. This app has a great selection of traditional editing tools. These include crop, perspective, and clarity, as well as exposure and color adjustments.
Mextures is the best image editing app for applying dust and film grain, textures, light leaks, and beautiful gradients to your images in seconds. No app is faster considering the ability of this one. And with our non-destructive workflow, you can make changes to your layers at any time during your editing process. Fine-tune your edits with photo adjustments and then save and share your edit for future use.
Featured by Cosmopolitan Magazine, Men’s Journal, Mashable, CNET, Uncrate, Cult of Mac, Fstoppers, AppAdvice, and more.
OVER 150 TEXTURES
You’ll find analog light leaks, dusty film scans, tasteful grunge, artifacts, element textures, and perfectly tuned gradients. Is the effect too strong? Easily adjust the opacity. With 12 different blending modes, every new layer adds a dynamic range of possibilities.
Overcomplicated adjustments are for the birds. Adjust your photos with professional-grade tools like Exposure, Contrast, Tint, White Balance, Fade, Black and White, Highlights/Shadows, Sharpness, and Saturation. Included are 30 film presets that emulate popular film stocks.
Camera+ 2 is a powerful camera app with an integrated photo editing system. The camera offers manual controls including shutter speed, ISO, white balance, and focus. It also has a range of shooting modes for different situations. Macro mode is perfect for close-up photography. Slow Shutter mode helps you take stunning long exposure photos. And if you have the iPhone 7 Plus, 8 Plus or iPhone X, you can use Portrait mode to blur the background.
Another great feature of Camera+ 2 is the ability to separate the focus and exposure points. This makes it easy to focus on one part of the image but expose to a different part. You can use a range of editing tools to improve exposure, color, and clarity. Or make use of the preset filters to change the look and feel of your photo. The layers feature lets you stack several different filters for a unique look.
Whether you’re a seasoned photographer or someone who’s barely touched a camera, Camera+ 2 will make you love taking photos. Camera+ 2 is the best and most powerful camera app available. A complete rewrite of the original Camera+ that sold over 14 million copies, Camera+ 2 is better, faster, and stronger than ever.
Here are some of the best features in Camera+ 2.
Camera+ 2 supports and adapts to the iPhone and iPad. Use the same shooting and editing tools consistently across all your devices, and take advantage of multitasking in the iPad. All features, filters, and tools are included in your purchase for all platforms – no in-app purchases required.
Photographers that need absolute control over their shots can use Camera+ 2’s advanced manual controls to select the precise settings they need. Shutter speed, ISO and White Balance can be selected using on-screen wheels and controls. In dual-lens devices, you can easily select Wide or Tele depending on your needs. The good thing about our manual controls is that they don’t have to be present on-screen if you don’t need them, so casual photographers are equally welcome.
RAW Capture and Editing
Enable RAW capture to get the exact image captured by the sensor at its full precision, to get the maximum flexibility while editing. Use our built-in RAW Editor to develop RAW images, or edit them on your computer with the tools you already use.
Depth Capture and Editing
For incompatible devices (those with dual cameras, currently the iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8 Plus, or iPhone X), a Depth-capture mode is available. When you enable depth capture in Camera+ 2, the depth information is saved alongside the image, and the adjustments in the The Lab section of the editor can be selectively applied to distant or close subjects.
Use the Smile mode to allow Camera+ 2 to detect smiles and shoot for you, or the Stabilizer mode to shoot only when your iPhone is steady enough to produce a sharp picture. The Slow Shutter mode provides you with the means to take long exposures, even in daylight. Burst and Timer modes complete our comprehensive offering of shooting modes for specialized purposes.
Pixelmator is a powerful, full-featured, layer-based image editor that lets you touch up and enhance images, sketch, and paint, as well as create advanced image compositions on iPad and iPhone alike. Pixelmator has everything you need — whether you’re a mobile photographer, mobile painter, or mobile graphic designer — all in one easy-to-use app. And it works seamlessly with Mac as well, so you can start creating an iPhone or iPad and continue right where you left off on your Mac. Designed exclusively for iOS, Pixelmator takes full advantage of the latest iOS 12 features and technologies, giving you innovative, fast, and powerful tools.
Advanced Photo Editing
- Get started with dozens of beautifully designed templates
- Instantly improve your photos with single-tap color correction presets
- Take full control over the tonal range of your image with levels and curves
- Easily remove the color cast and set the right white balance
- Wipe away image imperfections, skin blemishes, and unwanted objects with the Repair tool
- Duplicate areas of your image with the easy-to-use Clone tool
- Pinch, bump, twirl, or warp areas of an image with powerful, Metal-based Distort tools
- Blur, sharpen, lighten, or darken areas of an image
- Choose from dozens of breathtaking effects to subtly improve or completely change the look of an image
- Open and edit images of up to 100 megapixels
It is mostly known as social media apps but you can’t deny its photo editing capability and it is worth placing it on this list. It offers you a variety of filters now and it also has some photo editing tool which makes your image beautiful. Within seconds you can share your images with millions of people. And by posting high-quality photos, you’ll soon build a following of people who like your work.
Instagram is perfect for discovering inspiring photos from a huge range of genres. And it’s easy to connect with like-minded people through comments or private messages.
Use Instagram to:
- Post photos and videos you want to keep on your profile grid. Edit them with filters and creative tools and combine multiple clips into one video.
- Browse photos and videos from people you follow in your feed. Interact with posts you care about with likes and comments.
- Share multiple photos and videos (as many as you want!) to your story. Bring them to life with text, drawing tools, and other creative effects. They disappear after 24 hours and won’t appear on your profile grid or in the feed.
- Go live to connect with your friends at the moment. Try going live with a friend and sharing a replay of your story when you’re done.
- Message your friends privately in Direct. Send them photos and videos that disappear and share content you see on Instagram.
- Watch stories and live videos from the people you follow in a bar at the top of your feed.
- Discover photos, videos, and stories you might like and follow new accounts on the Explore tab.
It was tough to find these gems and order them because every photo editing apps are great in the app store. We all love the beautiful image, and having that image from your phone using these apps saves a lot of your time. So what are you waiting for? Go out click and edit with these apps, and make your image look outstanding and beautiful.
If you want some professional image editing service, you can check out clipping world. They have over 150+ professional designers 24/7 working in post photo/ video editing services. Clipping World is giving a huge discount for Christmas Eve. The starting price is only $0.29 per image and they are capable of delivering over 5000+ images per day depending on your image. You can try their free trial for up to 2 images or you can request a quote for your image as well.